Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Unclear title :)




Hi friends,

Almost the end of July and it’s been a year since I have been on my spiritual journey. I have been reflecting on how much I have learned over the last year, boy time flies! As I get older (33 years young now) the quicker it goes, which makes me wonder. Is it because I am not living truly in the moment? How rich would it be to live in each moment? Be truly enveloped by your surroundings? I try, goodness I try!

Perhaps I am a bit too hard on myself. Well, not perhaps, I am. For example, right now I am all over the place and even as I am writing this blog, I am realizing that it is a bit scattered itself. I have a lot of things I want to get done NOW!!! I want to find a new apartment, finish my website, consistently update this blog, find my soul mate, be a better me, NOW NOW NOW. Because these aren’t happening now, my internal dialogue starts to run amuck. It says do more, you should be farther along, take more action. I’m sick of it. Why must I have all these things now? Why have I made this truth up in my head? I know in my heart, I am exactly where I should be and my head isn’t listening! Instead of the internal battles, I am working toward inner peace. This is a place where my heart mostly wins. I say this because sometimes, the heart gets in a way of the best decision; experience talking ;)

I had a coaching assessment the other day, which was set up as a triad. I would coach a colleague and then, in turn, get feedback from the client and the observer and hear the decision on whether or not I would eligible to coach my colleagues. Long story short, I needed more practice. I went in feeling quite confident and left feeling pretty silly for feeling so confident. How could I not have realized there was so much more to learn? It was a true realization of how little I really knew and how much more I need to grow, how exciting?!

I left feeling a little silly and at the same time so thankful for the feedback on how to grow as a coach. It was with this feeling a gratitude that I knew I was on the right path. I wasn’t giving this up so easily!

On a different note, I am a very proud of my 7 year old. After struggling for quite some time to learn how to ride her bike, she did it!!!!!! She rode the 4 blocks to her camp today and was so proud of herself. Her accomplishment is much like the life I want to lead. Keep going after failure and never give up on your dreams.


Much Love & gratitude,
Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment